320 6th Avenue
P.O. Box 625
Ouray, Co 81427
Library Hours (updated January 2022)
Monday to Friday: 10:00 am to 5:00 pm
Saturday and Sunday: closed
Print requests: Send to PrintOurayPL@gmail.com and call 970-325-4616.
Ouray student backpack program: Please request at the front desk.
Delivery and pickup: Please call to request service.
Donors and Supporters
The Ouray Public Library’s ongoing efforts are supported thanks to the generosity and support of our funders, donors, and patrons. We graciously thank the following for their 2021 contributions:
- Artisan Bakery
- Basin Electric
- Colorado Department of Education, State Grant for Libraries
- Dave and Mary Wood Fund
- El Pomar Foundation
- Friends of the Library
- Kissinger Family Foundation
- LSTA American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) Grant
- Massard Trust
- Ouray County Community Fund (Citizens State Bank)
- Ouray County Food Pantry
- Ouray Grocery
- San Miguel Power Authority
- Telluride Foundation
- Western Colorado Community Foundation: Recovery and Resilience for Youth
- Women’s Club of Ouray County
- Zanett Foundation
- And more than $5,000 in donations from our valued patrons.
The Ouray Public Library offers complete collections of fiction, nonfiction, young adult, and youth books, periodicals, movies, audio, and e-resources. The library also houses a special collection of Ouray and Ouray County books. Geared toward our outdoor community, the library holds a subscription to the Alpinist, which is bound annually, as well as an extensive collection of books on outdoor activities in Ouray County and the San Juan Mountains, including ice climbing, hiking, avalanche safety, and travel guides.
The Ouray Library Strategic Plan was submitted to and approved by the Board of Trustees of the Ouray Library District on January 11, 2017. The plan was reviewed and updated in January 2019.