Address & Phone:
320 6th Avenue
P.O. Box 625
Ouray, Co 81427
Monday-Friday 10 AM – 5 PM (year-round)
Tuesday 10 AM – 6 PM (summer)
Saturday 10 AM – 2 PM (summer)
Summer hours begin June 1 and end August 31.
The Ouray Public Library offers complete collections of fiction, nonfiction, young adult, and youth books, periodicals, movies, audio, and e-resources. The library also houses a special collection of Ouray and Ouray County books. Geared toward our outdoor community, the library holds a subscription to the Alpinist, which is bound annually, as well as an extensive collection of books on outdoor activities in Ouray County and the San Juan Mountains, including ice climbing, hiking, avalanche safety, and travel guides.
In 2017, the Ouray Public Library had 2,514 registered patrons and circulated nearly 20,000 items. The library hosted 254 free events for youth, teens, and adults, which were attended by 1,537 patrons.
The Ouray Library Strategic Plan was submitted to and approved by the Board of Trustees of the Ouray Library District on January 11, 2017.
Donors and Supporters
The Ouray Public Library’s efforts are supported thanks to the generosity and support of our funders, donors, and patrons. We graciously thank the following for their 2017 contributions:
- Alpine Bank $100
- Bon Ton Brunch for Books $1,280
- Citizens State Bank $100
- City Market $100
- Colorado Department of Education, State Grant for Libraries $4,000
- Dave and Mary Wood Endowment $15,000 (2017)
- Dave and Mary Wood Endowment $15,000 (2018)
- Friends of the Library Holiday Luncheon $4,300
- Massard Trust $800 (2018)
- Massard Trust, Gemma Mattivi Book Club Series $750 (2018)
- Mountain Air Music Series $500
- Mt. Sneffels Education Foundation $2,400
- Ouray Colorado Community Fund $500
- Ouray Library Annual Book Sale $2,495
- Telluride Foundation $2,500 (2018)
- Women’s Club of Ouray County $500
- Zanett Foundation $2,000
- And nearly $3,000 in individual donations!