Address & Phone:
320 6th Avenue
P.O. Box 625
Ouray, Co 81427
Monday – Friday 10 AM – 5 PM
Saturday 10 AM – 2 PM*
*For 2018, the Ouray Library will be open on Saturdays in June, July, and August.
The Ouray Public Library offers complete collections of fiction, nonfiction, young adult, and youth books, periodicals, movies, audio, and e-resources. The library also houses a special collection of Ouray and Ouray County books. Geared toward our outdoor community, the library holds a subscription to the Alpinist, which is bound annually, as well as an extensive collection of books on outdoor activities in Ouray County and the San Juan Mountains, including ice climbing, hiking, avalanche safety, and travel guides.
In 2016, the Ouray Public Library had 2,379 registered patrons and circulated nearly 28,228 items. The library hosted 174 free events for youth, teens, and adults, which were attended by 1,560 patrons.
The Ouray Library Strategic Plan was submitted to and approved by the Board of Trustees of the Ouray Library District on January 11, 2017.
Donors and Supporters
The Ouray Public Library’s efforts are supported thanks to the generosity and support of our funders, donors, and patrons. We graciously thank the following for their 2017 contributions:
- Alpine Bank $300
- Bon Ton Brunch for Books $1,280
- Citizens State Bank $100
- City Market $100
- Colorado Department of Education, State Grant for Libraries $4,000
- Dave and Mary Wood Endowment $10,000
- Elk’s BPOE Grant $250
- Friends of the Library Holiday Luncheon $4,300
- Massard Trust $800
- Mountain Air Music Series $500
- Mt. Sneffels Education Foundation $2,400
- Ouray Colorado Community Fund $1,000
- Ouray Library Annual Book Sale $2,495
- Telluride Foundation $2,500
- Women’s Club of Ouray County $500
- Zanett Foundation $2,000
- And nearly $3,000 in individual donations!